Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by László Pauer -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how competencies work in 3.3. I have created a competency framework with four competencies, added them to a course, and linked one of them to an activity (to this activity only). At the 'Upon activity completion' field, I selected 'Complete the competency'. However, when a student completes the activity, the student is still not proficient and the rating is not yet competent, the teacher has to rate it, as is were sent to review, but without any notifications on the teacher's Dashboard.

Is this an error, or did I mess up/am I missing something?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to László Pauer

Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Have you looked at the documentation on Competencies FAQ? Does this help at all?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Tárgy: Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by László Pauer -

Yes, I have, but I couldn't find anything related to this issue.

In reply to László Pauer

Re: Tárgy: Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What do you have for the default and the proficient competency settings as in this screenshot from the documentation?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Tárgy: Re: Tárgy: Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by László Pauer -

On the course competencies page:

In reply to László Pauer

Re: Tárgy: Re: Tárgy: Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by Mary Cooch -

Your default competence scale is wrong for Proficient -there should not be a tick for "Not yet competent" because that is saying that when the activity is marked complete, the rating will be "not yet competent". See this Competencies FAQ reply in the docs

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Tárgy: Re: Tárgy: Re: Tárgy: Re: Complete the competency option seems to have no effect

by László Pauer -

Thanks a lot, that is what i've missed!