Help regarding user and their data recovery

Help regarding user and their data recovery

by Mandar Ganjapurkar -
Number of replies: 5

Hello all I am Mandar G. we have moodle site for our college, and we uses it fo  learning.

yesterday accidentally i deleted user accounts using bulk user action, it has deleted user account and also deleted  data like feedback quiz, grade and all which was very important. Can anybody has idea how to get data back. I tried to restore user in database mdl_user from phpmyadmin but of no use. please i would be thankful if anyone has way to get data back.

Thanks & Regards

Mandar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mandar Ganjapurkar

Re: Help regarding user and their data recovery

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to restore the entire site from a backup taken before you deleted the users. It's the only reliable way. You will then loose any work done after this point.

The problem is that deleting a user tells every Moodle module which deletes that modules data for the user. The deleting affects lots more than the user table. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mandar Ganjapurkar -
Thank you for your reply but i forgot to take backup too. i have not scheduled any backup while setting up the site.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Whoops.

Then the data is gone. Sorry sad

Go and organise backups right now!

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

There might be one hope ... depending .... if server is virtualized, it is not unusual for server folks to image/backup on a regular basis the entire server.   That restore would be only as good as the date/time the virtual backup was made, but surely Moodle users would be there ... and their work ... although it's work done to that date/time.

Best of luck.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Howard Miller -

That would be lucky... but you're right... it's always worth asking.