Fordson Theme Course Pagination Issue

Fordson Theme Course Pagination Issue

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We discovered a pagination issue when viewing a course category and there were more courses than the max display on a page.  We fixed this in Fordson version 1.5.2.  If you have more courses than the "coursesperpage" setting they will properly show in pagination. 

To the best of my knowledge, this will unfortunately affect all versions prior to 1.5.2 and Moodle 3.3.

As a work around you can increase the setting under courses "coursesperpage" to match the most courses in a single category.  Then all the courses will display.  Otherwise, upgrade to Moodle 3.3 and use the latest version of Fordson.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Fordson Theme Course Pagination Issue

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Chris,

I'm getting a strange layout issue on the front page using the Category list to display icons - see attachment. Using latest 1.5.2 version.

Comments:

1. It appears to be related to the screen magnification i.e. it appears at 100%, 125%, 150% but not 110% or below 100%
  2. It happens with Chrome, IE 11, MS Edge 
  3. It has acted like this for a few versions now - not sure how far back.

Thanks for this great theme!

Derek

Attachment Fordson category icon misalignment.png
In reply to Derek Chaplin

by Chris Kenniburg -

This is a css issue.  See the category item which has two lines.  It holds up the third line of categories because it is not clearing for the next line.  

If someone knows how to fix this please send me the css and I will include it.  I haven't had a chance to take a look.

The quick solution is to rename the category to something shorter until I can find a fix.  

by Chris Kenniburg -

The other thing I found was if you just change the order it seem to fix this as well in certain cases.

by Chris Kenniburg -

Derek,

Just wondering what your thoughts on eliminating the icons for categories would be?  

We are getting some reports from our users that it is a lot of clicks to find courses and they'd like to keep the courses displayed in boxes and eliminate the icons for categories and revert back to the default listing.

This change would actually allow you to find courses easier as they would just slide down as you clicked on category titles.

It's something we are piloting right now and might be part of the next release.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Derek Chaplin -

Chris,

Eliminating the icons would not be a big issue for me although I do like the choices of boxes instead of a drop-down or according list.

by Chris Kenniburg -

I'm going to look into a toggle for it tomorrow so you can pick.  Otherwise, we will keep the boxes for courses but remove the icon category names.  Too many clicks is the feedback we are getting.  Plus if you click wrong it's not as easy to jump back as the list view with box courses.

The only thing that would be removed are the category icon... If I cannot get a toggle on/off working.

Chris