[Adaptable] Breadcrumb transparent background

[Adaptable] Breadcrumb transparent background

by Ruan Viljoen -
Number of replies: 6

Greetings Moodle Community

Moodle: 3.3 (Build: 20170515)
Adaptable:  1.4 (Build: 2017053000)

It seems like I am not able to make the background of the breadcrumb navbar transparent.

I've set the color property for breadcrumb to "transparent".  

It yields no change unless I have Chrome's Developer Tools or Firefox Developer Edition's Inspector open.

I've attempted to add custom CSS to target the element and change the color .breadcrumb { background-color: rgba(255,0,0,0.1); }. As you can see, I've given it an RGB color of red, with an opacity of 10%. It does make it transparent, but it's as if the immediate parent of this element is not the page, but something else. The strange thing is, why does opening Chrome's Developer tools alleviate this issue?

On a side note, when a solution has been found for this problem, what element/s would I need to select to change the colors of the text/fontawesome icon/chevrons?

Thank you in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruan Viljoen

Re: [Adaptable] Breadcrumb transparent background

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you did not know, you can add rgba() into the settings page as well as text.

So rgba(255,0,0,0.1) would work too...or should do.

If it does not then this is a Moodle bug.

Cheers

Mary

PS: It would have been easier if you had added all of your questions together as there are all related to one theme, instread of making four posts.

Thanks

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ruan Viljoen -

Hi Mary

Thanks, I didn't know that.  I tried adding that to the settings page as well, doesn't work.

I'll have all my future queries compiled into one post, my apologies for spamming the forum!

Thank you!

In reply to Ruan Viljoen

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you cleared caches?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ruan Viljoen -

Hi Emma

Thanks for your suggestion, tried it, didn't have any effect.

In reply to Ruan Viljoen

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks an Adaptable bug. When you set transparent as a background colour in Adaptable then the default BS colour is displayed in the background.

We'll be fixed in next release.