Youtube link

Youtube link

by Maarten van Thiel -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all;

I have been told that it is not possible to place a simple link to a Youtube. I mean you will always get a Youtube window, an iframe, which I don't want. I have to use a div class, but I cant see whats in the CSS.

Thanks,

Maarten

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maarten van Thiel

Re: Youtube link

by Paula Clough -

Hello, 

I hope I am understanding what you are trying todo. 

Are you putting it in as URL resource on the course page or a link in a label or other text editor area?  Are you copying the YouTube URL at the top of the browser or from the sharing section under the video?  For my experiments I used the URL from the my sharing section  I worked in Moodle 3.2.  

If URL- below go to the appearance section and select in a pop up from the display as menu. Save  this. It will appear as a Link on the course page  when clicked on it will come up as a new page in browser on the YouTube website  easy for students to X out and be back on Moodle page .  ( I have had luck in this version of Moodle using the open selection, but it would sometimes not work in earlier Moodles I worked with .)

If link in text editor, type text, highlight, go to links in the menu portion of the editor and paste the URL there. Between the browse repository and  create link button there is open in a new window . Check that box and hit the create link button.  That will return you to the editing window  save changes.  I used a label . The link showed up like a very small video window with start triangle. When I clicked on it, a new window popped up on the YouTube site for that video .

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

Re: Youtube link

by Maarten van Thiel -

Thanks Paula.

I shall try it all out, and comment.

I know about the sharing section link, but I havnt tried that.

Tanks again,

Maarten