Oauth2 Github Service error

Oauth2 Github Service error

by Sebastian Tabares -
Number of replies: 1
Hello all:

I'm trying to use Github as a Oauth2 service provider for login authentication in my moodle 3.3, for this, I set up a new custom service in "Oauth 2 Services" configuration:

The endpoints configured are:

In my Github settings :

• Authorization Callback URL: https://<my moodle site>/admin/oauth2callback.php
  • And the other settings are irrelevant (like name, description, home page, ...)

When I try to login in my site, it redirects to Github correctly, after I enter credentials, Github requires me authorization for the moodle site as usual in oauth2 mecanism. But immediately i click in Authorize button, Github redirects me to the correct Callback URL with a code, but my moodle responds with a 303 HTTP code and repeats a redirection to Github and so on, until Github claims too many tries, making authorization impossible.

I don't know if is a configuration error or a bug in moodle. please advice. Would really appreciate it. Network redirections file attached for reference. 

Thank You.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastian Tabares

Re: Oauth2 Github Service error

by Marcos Rugerio Islas -

Hi Sebastian:

I have the same problem with Github, when I try to loggin using the github botton display me the files and folders of my server... I don't know why?

:S