Use jPlayer 2.9.2 in moodle 3.2

Use jPlayer 2.9.2 in moodle 3.2

by Abdul Ghaffar -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

Before upgrading from 2.8.1 to 3.2, jPlayer 2.9.2 was working fine. But now it is not working. Getting issue https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=354130. What I found is that, it is being cause by jPlayer 2.9.2. During this investigation, I came to know about AMD module. Do I need to use it like AMD module? or some other way. So my question is, how can I use jPlayer 2.9.2 in moodle 3.2?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdul Ghaffar

Re: Use jPlayer 2.9.2 in moodle 3.2

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Abdul,

jPlayer is not a standard Moodle player, it sounds like you use some plugin for it. Can you please identify which plugin are you using? In this case you can contact the plugin developer. Prior to 3.2 there was no plugin type for media players so you might be using a filter or even theme extension.

In Moodle 3.2 we have introduced new media players plugin type and added VideoJS

Maybe you don't need to use jPlayer at all now and can just stick to the standard Moodle package, it will make it much easier for you in support and upgrades.