Automatically change cohort/course/group from dropdown menu in profile

Automatically change cohort/course/group from dropdown menu in profile

by Carolynn Bellavance -
Number of replies: 0

I am using moodle 3.3 and want to have my users register automatically in a cohort/course/group from a profile menu.

The problem is that the plugin that do exist do not seem to work (for me) and cannot be modified after registration which means all the user already in courses are not added to the cohort. And if one has to change it cannot be done.

Right now it is all manual, a new user registers, I add them to the right cohort(s) which is synced to the course. If they change cohort I have to do it manually. The problem with this is that I am never aware of when a new users registers or makes a change. So I end up with half users in cohorts the others half floating around which makes them invisible to the ones supervising the grades of their groups.

What I want : User registers and chooses cohort from dropdown menu on profile, automatically added to cohort which then adds to course/group. If user changes cohort (from dropdown menu on profile) they are then deleted from the old one and added to the new one. Simple.

To take care of the grade loss all users are in a general cohort. Everyone is in that one to make sure all info is kept in case they are deleted from another cohort.

Is there anyone who as a way to do this? Is it something that can be done ? 

Average of ratings: -