moodle scorm - finding api

moodle scorm - finding api

by doodle moodle -
Number of replies: 2

I'm using moodle 3.2 and trying to convert my html files into a scorm package. (A newbie)

As per my understanding moodle only supports scorm 1.2

I uploaded a scorm package (imsmanifest and a js file included which finds the api to start communication with LMS - LMSinitialize and LMSfinish) and it worked in moodle.

Then I uploaded a scorm package (included only imsfanifest file and not the js file) and this also worked in moodle.

Now, I'm unable to figure out if I need to use the api adapter finding js file with moodle or not.

I think this js ffile is required for features like bookmarking?

Please guide. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to doodle moodle

Re: moodle scorm - finding api

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,
the SCORM activity requires the IMS Manifest file and the resources each of your Learning Object is composed by: if you do not plan to track the content that is called an IMS Package and it can be uploaded in Moodle as a Resource. If you upload it in the SCORM activity you'll miss tracking i.e. you'll not be able to track progress and completion.

If you need to track the user session e.g. to bookmark the page or to give a score or to collect the time spent by the user or to define the completion/successfulness of the user session you need SCORM tracking i.e. a SCORM Package made of IMS Manifest file, resources and all the stuff required to support the logics of your tracking including the JS files to implement these logics and to connect to the LMS to report it back or read from.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)