Error "This block (id=xx) does not exist on this page" when move block from right to left side

Error "This block (id=xx) does not exist on this page" when move block from right to left side

by Anh Tạ -
Number of replies: 2

I've searched for this error but can't find solution.
I've recent upgrade moodle from 1.9.4 to 3.2.2 (1.9.4->1.9.19->2.2.11->2.8.5->3.2.2).
After upgrade, some of my custom blocks are missing in the new moodle version's code. I've editted and moved it into folder "blocks" and successfully install it.

I add ,my block using "Blocks Editting Mode" of Moodle, but i can't move any block from left to right side (include default blocks of moodle). Block can still move from right to left side or along left side.

I'm using "Clean" theme.

Full error:
This block (id=xx) does not exist on this page (http://mymoodlesite/lib/ajax/blocks.php?courseid=1&pagelayout=frontpage&pagetype=site-index).

Attachment error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anh Tạ

Re: Error "This block (id=xx) does not exist on this page" when move block from right to left side

by Dan Bell -

I have the same issue with similar error.

Error

In reply to Dan Bell

Re: Error "This block (id=xx) does not exist on this page" when move block from right to left side

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dan, 

This is because Moodle does not recognise it as being on that page.

Which Theme are you using at present, as this may well be where the problem started, especially if the change of version of Moodle has lost the data related to this specific block.

As it is visible on the page then set the page to Edit, then Edit the block's settings to be on the side you wish it to be as well as the position you what it to be in on the page. Then save the settings. This should hopefully reset the block.

Cheers

Mary