Adaptable Theme possible issues with moodle modules?

Adaptable Theme possible issues with moodle modules?

by Andy Hill -
Number of replies: 10

Hi Guys

Just recently updated to the latest moodle and updated my adaptable theme to the latest version. Since the upgrade in my course resources i have got 2 modules that doesn't want to work anymore, these are "announcements" and "moodle chat moodle".  All i get is a blank screen.

I have tried this with both IE and google chrome which are up to date and i get blank screens on both. I have added the chat function again but still have the same problem.

Any idea's?

Thanks guys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Hill

Re: Adaptable Theme possible issues with moodle modules?

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please, could you indicate moodle and adaptable versions?

Enable the debugger and follow the steps to replicate the error and verify if moodle display some error.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Andy Hill -

Hi Fernando

Many thanks for your help. My moodle version is:-

Moodle 3.3+ (Build: 20170608)

Adaptable version 1.4 build 2017053000

The messages i get is the following:-

Chat Module

Notice: Undefined variable: CFG in /home/**************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/**************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Warning: require_once(/mod/chat/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/mod/chat/lib.php' (include_path='/home/*******************/moodle/lib/pear:.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/********************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Announcements (forum)

Notice: Undefined variable: CFG in /home/********************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Warning: require_once(/mod/forum/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*******************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/mod/forum/lib.php' (include_path='/home/********************/moodle/lib/pear:.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/*************************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Thanks again for your help

Andy

In reply to Andy Hill

by Fernando Acedo -

Looks a moodle issue. Verify the missing files are installed and the permissions are correct.

I don't see any relationship with Adaptable.

In reply to Andy Hill

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch to a standard theme (Boost or Clean) and see if issue is still there.  As Fernando mentioned, this does look like a theme issue but an overall moodle issue.  I would suggest reinstalling 3.3.

In reply to Andy Hill

by Mary Evans -

Hi Andy,

Have you by any chance added a new block or mod plugin? If so then there may be some conflict going on there?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -

It is not a external plugins issue. It is a moodle installation problem.

The errors are very clear:

Warning: require_once(/mod/chat/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/mod/chat/lib.php' (include_path='/home/*******************/moodle/lib/pear:.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/********************/moodle/mod/chat/locallib.php on line 23

Announcements (forum)

Notice: Undefined variable: CFG in /home/********************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Warning: require_once(/mod/forum/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*******************/moodle/mod/forum/locallib.php on line 22

Or the files are located in the right folder or moodle can open the files because do not have enough permissions. Those files are part of moodle core and not related with any plugin installed.

If the site was upgraded then probably is a wrong upgrade. Start the upgrade from the beginning and installing new moodle files from scratch.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Andy Hill -

Hi Guys

Ive tried Emma's suggestion of changing themes but it happens on all. So im thinking its more moodle than theme.  The only thing i have done when upgrading is changed the moodledata folder name in root and updated the config file. 

Would that have something to do with it?

Also can i just delete the chat folder in mod/chat and maybe download it and replace the files, is this an option?

Thanks guys

In reply to Andy Hill

by Fernando Acedo -

I repeat again. It is a moodle problem and not related to themes. Even if you try Boost (which use BS4) will fail.

You need to reinstall moodle 3.3 because some core files are missed or can't be reached by moodle due to a wrong upgrade.

My advice is to start the upgrade again from a backup and follow the steps indicated in Moodle Docs.

In reply to Andy Hill

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You could try that.  If it doesn't work, I suggest redownloading the latest package and then upgrading again, as suggested by Fernando.

I am going to move this the installation and upgrading forum.