Orphaned activities in courses after upgrade to moodle 3.3

Orphaned activities in courses after upgrade to moodle 3.3

by Nickolay Teyken -
Number of replies: 4

Hello. We upgraded to version from version 3.1+ to 3.3 after which all sections in our courses disappeared. Activities became orphaned. As far as we understood, the possibility of adding several sections completely disappeared in this version. Tell us, please, how can we return the old display of courses or advise any other solution in principle, if it exists. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nickolay Teyken

Re: Orphaned activities in courses after upgrade to moodle 3.3

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Nickolay,

Are you able to turn debug on? What message do you receive? Which course format did you use in Moodle 3.1? If it was not a standard course format, have you installed this course format in Moodle 3.3? Which theme have you been using in Moodle 3.1? Are you using the same theme for Moodle 3.3? Are both, the course format and the theme released for Moodle 3.3? The answers to these questions may help others to give you some advice.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nickolay,

Regarding any other solutions in Moodle 3.3, you may like to look into the possibilities of Stealth activities.

In reply to Nickolay Teyken

by Rich Stevenson -

Hello Nickoley

The same issue has happened to me last week, were nearly 40 of our courses have now had their sections orphaned. I intend rolling back the upgrade today and I will investigate and hopefully will have an answer unless you have already come up with a solution. I have read the other comments on this thread, and none are relevant to our issue. 

Rich

In reply to Rich Stevenson

by Rich Stevenson -

Hi all

I managed to see the problem I was encountering today.  During my upgrade I noticed the Grid layout was missing from my version of Moodle and therefore I had to add this and re upgrade.  The Grid format doesn't appear as a plug in as it is a course type module.  Hope that makes sense. Rich