IIS7 connection Issues

IIS7 connection Issues

ved Tom Dennis -
Antal besvarelser: 3

I have successfully (??) installed Moodle on a server 2008R2 using IIS and SQL on a different server.  However, it seems that only a few users can connect at a time and then will get the IIS splash screen when attempting at a later time, while others are successful at getting to the Moodle Homepage.  I have done all I know to do to correct this (which isn't much as I am not an IIS SME).  We are only attempting internal connections at this time till we have the bugs worked out, so the perimeter firewall  is not an issue.  I'm looking to some help please!

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Tom Dennis

Re: IIS7 connection Issues

ved Usman Asar -
Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers

Tom, if they are at least seeing IIS splash screen, doesn't means server is bottle necking, they would have been getting errors instead.

now coming to your configuration, Server 2008 R2 seems perfect for the job as it was since 2008 R2 PHP was handled using FastCGI instead of CGI earlier, so I am assuming you've  selected CGI in application development instead of ISAPI alone?

You can however watch this video HERE, as it shows both manual PHP setup and using PHP Manager, though was made on Server 2012 R2, but will be equally good for Server 2008 R2 as well.

I svar til Usman Asar

RE: Moodle in English: Re: IIS7 connection Issues

ved Tom Dennis -

Usman,

Your assumptions are correct.  It seems strange to me that we can connect and log in to the site at times for some users while others can’t.  then ones that could can’t while others can.  I will look at the video.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Tom Dennis

IT Coordinator | REDI Enterprises Society

cid:5806FE44-5C92-4206-8A1F-5258259D2A43@mh.shawcable.net

Telephone 403.526.5742 | Fax 403.529.0462 | Email <span style="color:#0563C1;">T.Dennis@redi.ca</span>

860 Allowance Avenue S.E. | Medicine Hat | Alberta | T1A 7S6

IT Support | helpdesk@redi.ca

This email, including any attachments, may contain confidential and personal information, and is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission.

From: Usman Asar (via Moodle.org) [mailto:noreply@moodle.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:23 AM
To: Tom Dennis <T.Dennis@redi.ca>
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: IIS7 connection Issues

Picture of Usman Asar

Re: IIS7 connection Issues

by Usman Asar - Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 10:17 AM

Tom, if they are at least seeing IIS splash screen, doesn't means server is bottle necking, they would have been getting errors instead.

now coming to your configuration, Server 2008 R2 seems perfect for the job as it was since 2008 R2 PHP was handled using FastCGI instead of CGI earlier, so I am assuming you've  selected CGI in application development instead of ISAPI alone?

You can however watch this video HERE, as it shows both manual PHP setup and using PHP Manager, though was made on Server 2012 R2, but will be equally good for Server 2008 R2 as well.

You can reply to this via email.

I svar til Tom Dennis

Re: RE: Moodle in English: Re: IIS7 connection Issues

ved Tom Dennis -

I have rebuilt the Webserver (again), this time using the video as Usman suggested.  It seems like we may have solved the IIS issues, but it is really to soon to tell. 

We can now hit the site using https://training.xxxx.ca/moodle. internally as I have created a training.xxxx.ca zone in our internal DNS pointing to the moodle webserver.  Our external DNS record for access to moodle is 'training.xxxx.ca'. 

Will the /moodle tail for internal access be problematic to access publicly?

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'https://training.xxxx.ca/moodle';

Is it necessary to make a change to the above parameter in config.php to remove the /moodle tail?   Is there a change in IIS required? If so how is that done successfully?