When student is enrolled in only courses that are Hidden, Front Page is displaying courses they are not enrolled in

When student is enrolled in only courses that are Hidden, Front Page is displaying courses they are not enrolled in

by leigh powell -
Number of replies: 1

HI There,

My apologies if this has been resolved somewhere else.  

I have an issue whereby students are seeing a list of courses on their Front Page for which they are not enrolled and should not have ability to see.  This seems to only happen when a student logins and they are enrolled in a course but that course is currently Hidden.  The courses listed seem to start from the very first course list in Course Management and display in that order.

I can reproduce this behavior in Moodle 3.1 and 3.2

I have confirmed in Front Page Settings that "Front page items when logged in" is set to "Enrolled Courses".

Again, I can only reproduce this when a student is enrolled in courses that are not visible. As soon as I make 1 course visible to him/her, only the enrolled course displays.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Leigh

BTW - I think this thread was referring to the same issue but I did not see a resolution.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to leigh powell

Re: When student is enrolled in only courses that are Hidden, Front Page is displaying courses they are not enrolled in

by leigh powell -

Anyone? Help, please smile