Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

by Przemek Jedlikowski -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone!

I don't know why (as I didn't change anything on my server) my Moodle installation stopped working because of redirection loop (/login/index.php). I tried to upgrade Moodle and it didn't help (though I'm using Moodle 3.3 now). But the site shows information about maintenance mode turned on when I enable it.

PHP version on the server: 5.6. Server logs don't show anything: it informs only "303 See Other" happened - no errors. Using another browser doesn't help.

Any ideas how to repair it? It's a little bit urgent, though, because the site is live-dead...

303 See Other

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemek Jedlikowski

Odp: Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

by Przemek Jedlikowski -

Update: I tried to see a call stack to see which function calls the redirection. Unfortunately, it didn't explain me much:

#0  redirect(http://....../login/index.php) called at [/home/....../lib/moodlelib.php:2634]
#1  require_login() called at [/home/......./index.php:51]

I don't know why, probably even a guest can't log in in order to allow another user to login. Am I right?

Odp: Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

by Przemek Jedlikowski -

OK, I found an error.

Our hosting provider changed webserver to Litespeed (we were using Apache). For some reason it doesn't support .htaccess the same way Apache did. Because of that the redirection I've created cannot work.

You can close the topic. Thank you!

Re: Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't quite understand.  I think that you are saying that your site is in Maintenance Mode.  If you are the moodle administrator, go to Site Admin, Server, Maintenance Mode, and Disable it.

Or is it some other kind of problem?

In reply to Rick Jerz

Odp: Re: Can't use my LIVE Moodle - too many redirects

by Przemek Jedlikowski -

Hi,

I put the site in the maintenance mode through CLI because I'm completely unable to go to the site - it's set to require login (no welcome page or anything like that) and for some reason it started to make an infinite loop of redirection. So, I'm unable to change settings through Admin site.