Set "Competent" or "Not Yet Competent" in course total

Set "Competent" or "Not Yet Competent" in course total

by Steven Jiang -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, 

How to set " Competent"/"Not Yet Competent" in course total section? As you can see now, I got the "Not yet satisfy" in Assignment, "Satisfy" in Quiz part,  in Course total part, I was supposed to get "Not yet Competent". But now, I only can get NYS. (Even I try Assignment=S, Quiz=S but in course total It shows S instead of C) How to show NYC/S in Course total. Can anyone give me some idea? Thanks

GradeBook demo

In reply to Steven Jiang

Re: Set "Competent" or "Not Yet Competent" in course total

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Those are coming from your grade scale, not completion settings.  Change the wording in the grade scale.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Steven Jiang -

Thanks Emma for your kindly remind. Here is our Grade Scale section. As you can see, we already set up the "Competent/ Not Yet Competent" there. But it can not be identified. I am not sure why. I have a feeling, is that because of the Grade book letter, We didn't set up C and NYC so it will not identify. If it is the true reason, then how to set it up to make it like

• If you got S in both assignment and Quiz then you will get a C in Course Total
  • If you got one NYS in either Assignment or quiz then you will get an NYC in Course total

Thanks and looking forward to the reply

In reply to Steven Jiang

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry my mistake - I meant the Grade Letters, not the scale.  Those are what are pulling in the gradebook.