unoconv version not supported

unoconv version not supported

by Mark Greene -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle version 3.1.6.

I have this message on the Environment Page: 

The version of unoconv you have installed is not supported. Moodle's assignment grading feature requires version 0.7 or higher.

#unoconv -V

unoconv 0.7

Written by Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com>

Homepage at http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/

platform posix/linux2

python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Aug 18 2016, 15:13:37) 

[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17)]

LibreOffice 4.3.7.2

Unoconv works via the command line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Greene

Re: unoconv version not supported

by Mark Greene -

PHP is using the FPM/FastCGI handler.  If I switch off the php-fpm handler and just do CGI/FastCGI Moodle recognizes the correct version.

Anyone know why?  I really want to use the php-fpm handler.

In reply to Mark Greene

by Scott Christy -

I don't know the answer to your question but if you're able to, Id recommend upgrading to Moodle 3.3 and then using the Google Document Converter. It seems to be way more reliable/stable compared to the UNOCONV/LibreOffice method.

In reply to Mark Greene

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

The only time I have seen that error with unoconv was when the path to my LibreOffice was incorrect.

One other possibility, is an incompatible version of LibreOffice as mentioned in the setup directions on Dag Wieers github page.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Mark Greene -

Thanks for the reply Al.

If I do not use php-fpm as the php handler, it works fine.  For some reason Moodle is not seeing it correctly when running that.  It is likely a permission problem as php-fpm is more secure, but I cannot figure it out.