Installation of Moodle 3.3

Installation of Moodle 3.3

Kevin White -
Erantzun kopurua: 11

Hi I am trying to install Moodle 3.3 the newest version on my laptop and I have windows 7. I thought that I installed it going through all of the prompts but I can't find it in my files. It  shows that I have a start and stop moodle folder, but no responses. It did tell me that I can run, but I can't see how. I can't find moodle in my add or remove program file, so that is why I believe that it didn't download. Could someone please help me trouble shoot?

Thank you

Kevin

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
Kevin White(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Installation of Moodle 3.3

Rick Jerz -
Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia

Tell us a little more about how you installed your Moodle.  For example, did you install XAMP or something like that?

Rick Jerz(e)ri erantzunda

Kevin White -

Thank you for your response. I just installed the Moodle 3.3 for windows. It was not XAMP and it was the zip. I can't find it at all on the laptop. I am wondering if I should just try to install it again?

Rick Jerz -

Was it this one shown in my picture?

Eranskina Moodle3.jpg

Kevin White -

Yes it was that one. Should I reinstall?

Thank you,

Kevin

Rick Jerz -

Not yet.

This product typically installs in your C:/ drive.  Using File Explore, navigate to your C:/ drive, look for XAMPP, and then double click on it.  You should see 3 items, xampp_start.exe, xampp_stop.exe, and xampp-control.exe.

Do you see these?  If so, double click the xampp_start.exe.  Then, open a browser and type http://localhost.com.  Anything?

Eranskina xampp.jpg
Puntuazioen batez bestekoa:Useful (1)

Rick Jerz -

Disregard my post above.  This was for an XAMPP install from scratch.

How did you install your Moodle?  You probably downloaded the zip file.  Then what?

Emma Richardson -
Documentation writers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia

Try opening a browser and going to localhost or localhost/moodle and see if that is where it is.  It is not a program, it is web based.

Emma Richardson(e)ri erantzunda

Kevin White -

Thank you for your response. I can't find it in the localhost or localhost/moodle. I am not sure if I should try to install it again? I installed the windows version and zip.

Emma Richardson -
Documentation writers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia

Did you follow all of the instructions in the Moodle docs?  What do you mean by no response from moodle start folder?  Do you have a start.exe?  

Emma Richardson(e)ri erantzunda

Kevin White -

I did and I don't have a start.exe. No moodle start folder at all. I am puzzled