Installation of Moodle 3.3

Installation of Moodle 3.3

by Kevin White -
Number of replies: 11

Hi I am trying to install Moodle 3.3 the newest version on my laptop and I have windows 7. I thought that I installed it going through all of the prompts but I can't find it in my files. It  shows that I have a start and stop moodle folder, but no responses. It did tell me that I can run, but I can't see how. I can't find moodle in my add or remove program file, so that is why I believe that it didn't download. Could someone please help me trouble shoot?

Thank you

Kevin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin White

Re: Installation of Moodle 3.3

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Tell us a little more about how you installed your Moodle.  For example, did you install XAMP or something like that?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Kevin White -

Thank you for your response. I just installed the Moodle 3.3 for windows. It was not XAMP and it was the zip. I can't find it at all on the laptop. I am wondering if I should just try to install it again?

In reply to Kevin White

by Rick Jerz -

Was it this one shown in my picture?

Attachment Moodle3.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Kevin White -

Yes it was that one. Should I reinstall?

Thank you,

Kevin

In reply to Kevin White

by Rick Jerz -

Not yet.

This product typically installs in your C:/ drive.  Using File Explore, navigate to your C:/ drive, look for XAMPP, and then double click on it.  You should see 3 items, xampp_start.exe, xampp_stop.exe, and xampp-control.exe.

Do you see these?  If so, double click the xampp_start.exe.  Then, open a browser and type http://localhost.com.  Anything?

Attachment xampp.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Rick Jerz -

Disregard my post above.  This was for an XAMPP install from scratch.

How did you install your Moodle?  You probably downloaded the zip file.  Then what?

In reply to Kevin White

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try opening a browser and going to localhost or localhost/moodle and see if that is where it is.  It is not a program, it is web based.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Kevin White -

Thank you for your response. I can't find it in the localhost or localhost/moodle. I am not sure if I should try to install it again? I installed the windows version and zip.

In reply to Kevin White

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you follow all of the instructions in the Moodle docs?  What do you mean by no response from moodle start folder?  Do you have a start.exe?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Kevin White -

I did and I don't have a start.exe. No moodle start folder at all. I am puzzled

In reply to Kevin White

by Emma Richardson -

I guess you could try again - make note of where exactly it installs as you go through the wizard...