Mahara assignment plugin not working

Mahara assignment plugin not working

by elham rahimzadeh -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have been using the Mahara assignment plugin in Moodle. It is a nice plugin which can allow students to submit portfolio page to Moodle assignment.

I'm now using Moodle3.2 and Mahara 16.10.1, but the Mahara assignment plugin is not working.

The detail information about the issue is as below:

1. Teacher has created the assignment activity and selected the file type : mahara submission

2. Student access to the assignment and click "add submission"

3. The page will show "You have no available Mahara pages or collections. Please click here to visit "Mahara" and create a new one."

4. The student clicked the link and accessed to Mahara successfully. The student created many new pages and back to Moodle. But the "add submission" page still say :"You have no available Mahara pages or collections. Please click here to visit "Mahara" and create a new one."

The "add submission" page should list the available pages for student to select one to submit. But it always say there's no available pages or collections. It seems that the plugin cannot retrieve the page information from Mahara to Moodle.

I have reported this issue both to the plugin developer and Mahara developer, but this issue hasn't been fixed yet. I'm wondering if there's any other users have encountered the similar situation?

Currently, due to the issue, students cannot submit their Mahara page to Moodle.

Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to elham rahimzadeh

Re: Mahara assignment plugin not working

by Chris S -

"4. The student clicked the link and accessed to Mahara successfully. The student created many new pages and back to Moodle. But the "add submission" page still say :"You have no available Mahara pages or collections. Please click here to visit "Mahara" and create a new one."

Once the student creates a page in mahara and comes back he has to again go to the assignment submission page where the student will find a screen like below

mahara moodle integration

and the student can choose the exact "page" he/she has created in mahara and do the submission.

In reply to elham rahimzadeh

by Nick Williams -

Hi Elham,

We recently installed the assignment submission plugin and are now getting the same error. Just wondering if you managed to find a solution?

Best wishes,

Nick

In reply to Nick Williams

by John Illsley -

Hi Nick,

I had the same problem today and fixed by  enabling an admin setting. Go to...

Site Admin > Networking >Manage peers

Click on the host link for mahara and then the Services tab. Tick box for Subscribe in "Assign Submission Mahara services" section then save changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Illsley

by Paul Edney -

Many thanks John. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

In reply to John Illsley

by Kirsten Konert -

Hi John,

I just wanted to say thank you. It helped me a lot to check these settings too...

Many greetings