"Install plugins" button missing

"Install plugins" button missing

by Arne Bleijenberg -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

Simple question: I want to install a plugin, but when I go to Adminnistration->site administration-> plugins, there is no "install plugins" button.

Is something wrong with my permissions? My role is set to admin.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Arne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arne Bleijenberg

Re: "Install plugins" button missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you hosting this Moodle yourself on your own server or is another organisation hosting it for you?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Arne Bleijenberg -

I think Moodle is hosting it for me. I created it through their website, and the address is [mycourse].MoodleCloud.com

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is because moodlecloud does not allow plugin installation.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Arne Bleijenberg -

Thank you for the reply! Too bad. So if I'd want to, I would have to develop it on a standalone computer and then migrate it to a seperate server right?

Maybe I'll just stick to the free moodle host thensmile

Best,

Arne

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Either that or get a hosting company who would let you install plugins.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Hosein Naseri -

Hello. I am Hosting Moodle myself and installed it recently. However I also dont see the install plugin button. I am using the latest version. Any Idea?