Wrong name appeared

Wrong name appeared

by Paolo Velasquez -
Number of replies: 5

on the left side is the name (Paolo Velasquez) before I click the site home and on the right side of the screen is the name (Maria Osmena) after I click the site home.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Velasquez

Re: Wrong name appeared

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Without some text and explanation, this is not something anyone would answer... So please add:

• Version of Moodle
  • Theme used
  • Description of the situation (what did you do, in what role on the site, what did you aim to achieve... and what happened that shouldn't have?).
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Paolo Velasquez -

The version of the moodle I used is 3.2 and the theme is roshni. When I click the site home the name of the user changed to maria osmena. It should be Paolo Velasquez. 

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Paolo, you MUST be with bluehost/hostmonster?

Yes or no? let me know and it'll tell you reason.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Paolo Velasquez -
Im using bluehost. 

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Paolo, if you had your moodle up for more than 2 weeks, then issues coming with it now are expected, reason being BlueHost/HostMonster upgraded their storage on data center, so what happened was during database transfer, plenty of people have their databases got corrupted (I can vouch for moodle users though), you're not the only one effected.

I would recommend starting up from zero, if you have your courses backed up before Friday 28th April, then you can safely restore them, all you need is a new clean install with fresh database.