How to run Moodle?

How to run Moodle?

by Amyroll Aben -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All, I am familiar with Vagrant. So I decided install Moodle using Vagrant. I have successfully installed the Moodle using Vagrant (and I'm using Ubuntu Xenial LTS). My question is how to run the server? For example on python we need to type "python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000" and on ruby on rails we need to type "rails server" to run the server. So we can see the output on the browser. I believe there has some command to run up the Moodle server. Please help me. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amyroll Aben

Re: How to run Moodle?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Although I know what it is, I have never used Vagrant. However, it probably comes down to how you installed it. 

Moodle isn't a server... it runs 'under' a web server (e.g. Apache or NginX) PHP, and a database (e.g. MariaDB). All those need to be in place and running then, provided it is set up correctly, Moodle should 'just work'. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: How to run Moodle?

by Amyroll Aben -
Thank you for your answer Howard. Problem has been solved. I agreed with you where Moodle does not have any specific command to run the server. I just changes the port type to DHCP under the vagrant file. Now, Moodle are working fine.