System Role can't assign "Activity completion" Criteria for a Badge

System Role can't assign "Activity completion" Criteria for a Badge

by Tonia Malone -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings,

I created a role just for badges, but for some reason...

This role can't assign the Criteria > activity completion.

Where is that? There is a site badge that we want this role to be able to create a quiz in a course and award the badge to those who complete the quiz at 80%. But since we can not set the criteria to activity completion...I believe it isn't appearing as a badge for the course......right?

Thank you for your time,

Tonia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonia Malone

Re: System Role can't assign "Activity completion" Criteria for a Badge

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Tonia. Site badges are different from course badges in that they are for different criteria. They are outside of courses. I'm afraid it is not possible to have a course activity completion criterion for a site badge (although you can have a course completion criterion). You would have to add the badge to a course if you want it awarded based on quiz completion.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tonia Malone -

Mary,

OK, thank you. I will try that and let you know how it worked.

Tonia

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tonia Malone -

Mary,

So if I have one badge I want to use in many courses for an activity....can I have a "site" badge" that is reused in many courses?

OR

Do I have to place the badge in each course? Then it wants me to use different names. How do you manage the same badge with different names in each course shell?

Thank you,

Tonia

In reply to Tonia Malone

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm afraid site badges and course badges are for different things, so the answer is, you cannot award a site badge in a specific course -  you would have to replicate the badge (with a different name) in specific courses. Site badges are for things which are outside of courses, such as completing a course or set of courses. Site badges can't be awarded for activities inside courses - you have to use course badges for that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tonia Malone -

Mary,

OK. 

So the same badge would need to new name in each course?

Tonia