no ADMINISTRATION block in Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170324)

no ADMINISTRATION block in Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170324)

by Eran Levin -
Number of replies: 5

I recently have upgraded my moodle from moodle 2.9 to 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170324).

There were users with privileges to the ADMINISTRATION block.

After the upgrade, the block has disappeared from the main page for those users.

I re-granted them the moodle/block:view, but they are not able to see the block.

They also have the "moodle/user:editprofile" capability, so they should see that block.

Does anyone know what it's all about?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eran Levin

Re: no ADMINISTRATION block in Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170324)

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

What theme are you using? If you moved to a Boost enabled theme, some bits of the layout might have changed. There is extensive documentation on the workings of a Boost theme, but most likely, you'll find a cog icon somewhere in the top right corner of your instance with access to all these features.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hmm, in Boost themes the Site administration can be found in the navbar slider on the left side... But still, knowing which theme you're using is useful.

In reply to Eran Levin

by Felix T. -

We have the same problem using Moodle 3.2.2+ using the More Theme.

There is a new capability with Moodle 3.2 called moodle/site:configview - I enabled this for our custom admin role and after relogging the settings block appeared for those users again.

I found this out a few minutes ago so I'm not 100% certain that this is the change that "fixed" the problem (although it certainly seems to be). Maybe you can confirm?

In reply to Felix T.

by Eran Levin -

Thanks, solved the issue.

In reply to Eran Levin

by Eric Azevedo -

Hello everyone

I was able to identify the error of the administration blocks visibility in the 'clean' theme;
The administration block instances will reappear in the clean theme as soon as you make the following insertion in the config.php file of the theme:

$THEME->requiredblocks = '';

This should be placed at the end of the theme's configuration file.

Essa propriedade permite a exibição ou não do bloco de adminstração levando em consideração a definição da coluna 'requiredbytheme' da tabela mdl_block_instances.

I hope I have helped!