Installation Error - "Coding error detected"

Installation Error - "Coding error detected"

by SK&H Helpdesk -
Number of replies: 0

I'm trying to set up Moodle on a hosted site (via Dreamhost). This is the first Moodle we've set up and I'm using the latest stable version (3.2.1, I believe?).

I expanded the files, created the database, as in the instructions, then went to domain/moodle/ with a browser and began the installation process.

"
Config table does not contain version, can not continue, sorry.
More information about this error
It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation, you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation.
"

I followed the link's instructions - checking the version.php file for a version #, then adding that to 'mdl_config' in the database.

With all that finished, I reloaded the page and it makes it to a page where it shows all of the plug-ins that need to be installed. I ran a check for new plug-ins (why not?) then clicked Continue. That works for quite a while, and refreshing the page just gives a message that the site is being updated.

I went home yesterday and came back today and now I get:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid property requested, or the property does not has a default value.
More information about this error
on any page I try to go to. I can't see any Moodle pages, I can't go back to installation to try again, and I can't set-up an admin user or whatever else needs to be done to finish installation. And without any other pages, I can't begin to figure out what's wrong.

This is my second try... I can wipe out the database and try a third time, but I don't want to waste time unless I know of something to do different.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -