Wrong answer feedback

Wrong answer feedback

by Dan Hilke -
Number of replies: 2

I'm not finding info on this within the forums yet, so I hope someone can set me straight.

Within my quiz I want to use some Short Answer, Numerical, and Cloze questions.  However, I need to be able to have feedback for wrong answers, even if they type something I don't expect.  I don't see any way to do this with any of the question types I've listed.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Hilke

Re: Wrong answer feedback

by Dan Hilke -

I figured out how to make the " * " work for Short Answer questions, but it still doesn't seem like there's a way to display feedback for a wrong answer on a Numerical question or Cloze question.  (In the case of the Cloze question, the feedback that shows up when you hover over the answer just isn't adequate in my case.)

Hasn't anyone else found this a problem?

Dan

In reply to Dan Hilke

Svar: Re: Wrong answer feedback

by Jeff Forssell -
Unfortunately most interactive questions just tell the person they were wrong it they weren't right, or smack the right answer in they face.

I like the possibility to give "tutorial" feedback for wrong answers that can put the learner on the right path. I've used a PERL script based on http://www.civeng.carleton.ca/~nholtz/tut/doc/doc.html
for interactive questions in math and physics.  You can specify different feedback for different (even overlapping) intervals and it recognizes a lot of number formats directly.  1/2  0.5  2/4   5E-1 5*10**-1 would all be considered equal. It alse has a hinting function. I would like to develop a more portable version in perhaps JavaScript

I could translate some example if any one is interested (my pages are in Swedish).