What activity could capture a student's worksheet responses?

What activity could capture a student's worksheet responses?

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -
Number of replies: 5
Hi everyone,

I've been away from Moodle for 1 1/2 years and am rusty. I'm looking to support students who want to question their stressful thoughts - to do inquiry. I'm looking for an activity that would:
1) Prompt a student to respond to questions on a worksheet that will be used over and over.
2) Show all their responses on one screen.
3) Allow me to post a question / reply to their worksheet to prompt them to deeper questions.

Ideally it would look like this:
WORKSHEET
Situation: (student answer)
Time: (student answer)

1. Question text

I am [emotion] with [NAME] because [essay answer] The NAME will be used in questions 5-10 as part of the student's answer.

(example answers to guide student)

2. Question text

I want (name from #4) Name __________________ (student answer)

(example answers)

Worksheet has 6 questions.

Does anyone have suggestions on this? It would be a form of sorts but then would display the form for the student and me. Then it would be great if I could reply to the form with additional suggestions for the questions the student could consider. Thanks for any pointers!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

Re: What activity could capture a student's worksheet responses?

by C Schipper -

A Database activity would be suitable for this.

Just set up the form using its fields. You can set it to only be readable between a student and teachers by requiring approval, then removing the "approve" button from the templates.

Enable comments to allow teachers to add suggestions to an entry.

In reply to C Schipper

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Thank you, C Schipper. I tried that but when I got stuck I thought I'd better get input from others before going too far down the "database" path. Your suggestion is a motivation to go forward with it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

If you can attach your worksheet, I’ll try and do you a database preset to play with.

by L Bru -

Bonnie

Did the database path prove successful for student worksheets?

Thanks!

Lisa

In reply to L Bru

by Paul Raper -

I use Mahara in a similar way. I provide the template, the questionnaire in your case which the students copy to their own portfolios. They then fill it in and I can give feedback, or the students can form small groups to give feedback first, followed by my feedback.

Students link their pages to Moodle when they are ready for me to give my input.

It's a great approach since the questionnaire remains theirs along with the feedback etc.

Just a thought.