Problem with standard Teacher role

Problem with standard Teacher role

by Troy Kuhns -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle: 2.9+ (Build: 20150521)

OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)

I am having an issue related to the (Editing) Teacher role in Moodle. A user assigned the Teacher role is unable to view the Reports section under Course Administration as shown below.

I restored the role to its default (in case any changes had been made in the past). I also confirmed that the moodle/site:viewreports is set to Allow as well as the view permissions for at least one report. I would like to set this role at the Course/Category context but have also tested it at the System context with no success. I have also tried creating a new role based off of Teacher and giving it view permission on each report but this did not work either.

I have been told that the theme can also cause issues. My site uses the Herald theme by 3rdWaveMedia. I have changed the theme to both Clean and More but the problem still persists.

When testing with a fresh install of 2.9, the Teacher role works fine, so it appears to be something else in my environment. This problem exists in all three of my environments (Development, Staging, and Production).

This unresolved thread was the only thing I have been able to find so far related to my problem. https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=349158

I have also attached an export of the new role I created.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Troy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Troy Kuhns

Re: Problem with standard Teacher role

by Troy Kuhns -

I was able to resolve this after further experimentation. It appears the default roles had been tampered with before my time managing the site. Not sure how this happened exactly, but resetting all of the default roles to their archetypes fixed the problems in my custom role. This thread can be closed.

Troy