I've been pulling my hair out trying to trouble-shoot an issue with our Moodle lessons. It seems like I'm trying to do something that Moodle doesn't want to do. Hopefully someone here has figured this out.
We have written text in the Lesson activity. What I'd like to do is:
1. Every page or so of written text I want to put a set of reading comprehension questions to make sure that students are understanding.
2. I want to provide answers to these questions so that students can self-check their comprehension.
3. What I've discovered is that I need the reading comprehension questions to be essay type questions because short-answer questions don't provide enough space and I don't have multiple-choice questions developed.
4. I DON'T want to grade these questions. These are simply a way for students to check their comprehension. Currently, I have setup a content page after the essay question with correct answers.
5. I want students to get credit for completing the lesson.
As it currently stands, I end up have 17-20 essay questions per lesson that require a teacher/tutor to manually grade. With 20-40 students this becomes incredibly cumbersome.
Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS I am using Moodle 3.1 and Essentials Theme.