Improvements to Atto | cut and paste

Improvements to Atto | cut and paste

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 1

There is quite an old feature request here:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-47750

Google Docs, GMail and some other mail clients have started allowing users to copy images from a desktop program (paint / powerpoint / word / gimp / fireworks etc...) and paste them directly into the text editor without having to manually save the file and upload it. The same feature would be really useful in moodle.

What do people think?  Is this something worth adding to Atto?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Improvements to Atto | cut and paste

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It seems to me that saving the file is OK, but having to use a File Picker dialog box to traverse a directory hierarchy to select the file once I've saved it is tedious. On Windows the browser File Picker dialog box remembers the last series of files/folders you've selected (right-click the down-arrow on the right of the "File name" field), so it's not so bad, but this feature doesn't seem to be available on Linux. 

This is slightly at a tangent to the precise issue, but the plugin Microsoft Word File Import (Atto) (note: I'm the developer) lets you drag and drop Word files into Atto, and it handles embedded images properly. It's useful if you like to keep text and images together, or if you are re-purposing content written elsewhere.