"Show My courses expanded on Dashboard" gone in 3.2?

Re: "Show My courses expanded on Dashboard" gone in 3.2?

by Brian Warling -
Number of replies: 0

The navigation block's behavior in 3.2 has definitely been mangled. When using the Clean theme, having all enrolled courses appear in the same My Courses menu – including the current course – is a major problem for us. We plan to upgrade to 3.2 in July 2017, but we won't be using Boost (for many reasons). But the behavior of the navigation block in 3.2 is a total non-starter for us. We are going to have to hack the heck out this to get all other enrolled courses listed under a separate menu (as in 3.1 and earlier versions), or ideally remove them altogether. For us, what's most important in the navigation block when viewing a course is that course's content/links, not links to all the other courses you may be enrolled in.  Prior to 3.2 it was acceptable to have all the other courses subsumed under My Courses (and out of the way), with the current course displayed separately. This made the block manageable... not egregiously long and ungainly. This is lost in 3.2. This "change" in 3.2 is supremely disappointing.

Brian