I cannot enrol students

I cannot enrol students

by Terry Brown -
Number of replies: 2

Has anyone come across this problem?

My Problem is with 3.2.1 upgrade on Godaddy hosting from 2.9 to 3.2.1

I had my account set up to automatically upgrade (via Godaddy's Installatron) to any new release version of Moodle. Prior to Christmas Installatron did an auto-upgrade to the latest Moodle. Within minutes I receives 10s of phone calls from students saying they could not access Moodle. I checked, and found that the upgrade had crashed because GoDaddy did not have version PHP 5.6.5 on their shared account (they are running 5.6.28). After reinstalling Moodle manually (still using  PHP 5.6.28)  the installer said it s was ok. Now, when I try to manually enrol students  (Site Administration/Courses/Manage courses and categories/ABC Course/ Enrolled users/Enrol users) the 'Enrol users' button does not work. 

Also, 

When I try to allocate admin privileges to other staff, the function also does not work.

Could this be a result of  not having PHP 5.6.5 on my shared GoDaddy account?

After much testing (weeks of work) I have discovered that if I purge the caches it will allow my 'one chance' to open the 'Enrol users' function. Then the 'Enrol users' button ceases to function again.

I am desperate for input from the Moodle community as this has consumed my life for the past two months.

Attachment mod1.jpg
Attachment mod2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Terry Brown

Re: I cannot enrol students

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So many get caught by this.  5.6.28 is actually higher than 5.6.5 so you are ok there.  Moodle would not let you install if the php version was not high enough.  I think you need to talk to GoDaddy about this - it apparently is a caching issue of some sort.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: I cannot enrol students

by Terry Brown -

Thank you Emma. I'm currently trying to go get on to Godaddy (I've been waiting for an hour and forty five minutes - still counting). I'll post the outcome.