Global search - is it good?

Global search - is it good?

by Mark Andrews -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

Following feedback from learners we are currently in discussion with our IT team to have global search set-up on our moodle installation. 

So that I can set expectation I was wondering if a) many people have deployed it and b) does it work well and are students & teacher/faculty happy with it?

Unfortunately I have not yet found a test site that has it configured so have been unable to give it a go so would be keen to hear about any end user feedback and experiences.

Thanks

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Andrews

Re: Global search - is it good?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Our demo school site has global search http://school.demo.moodle.net

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Andrews -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for letting me know I'd tried the QA and demo sites but not the school one smile

Will have a play.
Thanks

In reply to Mark Andrews

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

We have not turned it on at the OU yet, but it is on our todo list.

We did some exploratory work to see how hard it would be to make the content in our custom modules searchable, and that answer seemed to be "not too hard".

Average of ratings: Useful (1)