Moodle Mobile - Conditional Access

Moodle Mobile - Conditional Access

by Deepak Bhalla -
Number of replies: 1

HI !

Is there a way by which we can make access to Moodle Mobile App conditional ? For example I would like to reward some of the students with access to their courses through Moodle Mobile App after completion of a certain activity only.

So far we have not activated the access to Moodle Mobile App (MMA). Going ahead we want to grant access of MMA to students in batches with the prerequisite.

Please guide me.

Thanks and regards

Deepak Bhalla 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deepak Bhalla

Re: Moodle Mobile - Conditional Access

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

I'm thinking Roles. Clone the Student system role as Student Mobile, then you can change the value of the permission moodle/webservice:createmobiletoken

So for the Student Mobile role this would be ALLOW, and for the normal student it would stay as PREVENT.

Then on a course by course basis you can choose which students do and don't have access to that course via the app.
Not automatically that I can tell from within moodle - in theory, you could write a script that ran nightly or similar to inspect the database for the conditions to put them into the Student Mobile role for a course.

Or maybe someone who knows the really technical stuff better can help with that.

HTH though.