Can I grade submitted Assignments on Moodle Mobile?

Can I grade submitted Assignments on Moodle Mobile?

by Zhivko Z -
Number of replies: 14

Hello,

Is it possible to grade submitted Assignments on Moodle Mobile?

I can see the submissions and the grades but don’t see an option to grade… Is there a setting for that?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: Can I grade submitted Assignments on Moodle Mobile?

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi!

Assignment grading has been added to the Moodle Mobile app on 3.2.

Copying form the release notes it says:

"Teachers can grade submissions, even if they are offline, using numerical points, scales, outcomes and feedback comments. Advanced grading methods such as rubrics are not yet supported."

So if the assignment has advanced grading methods such as rubrics teachers cannot grade this assignment using the mobile app.

Cheers!

Pau

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Pau Ferrer Ocaña

by Zhivko Z -

Hello Pau,

• I just downloaded the app a few days ago and it is Moodle Mobile app version 3.2.0, Version code: 2016.
  • My desktop Moodle version is 3.1.2.
  • I'm grading by putting a number (%), and feedback (optional).

And I don't see an option on the app to do grading... Please take a look at the picture. It shows that there is a new submission, which needs grading but there is no arrow next to it, and if I click on it - nothing happens.

Am I missing something? Is there another setting I need to do in order to make this work? Would you please attach screenshots or more detailed instructions on how does the grading work?

Thanks a lot!

Attachment Mobile Grading.jpg
In reply to Zhivko Z

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi again!

Everything is ok! The "needs grading" list of users has a filtering problem that needs a greater Moodle (web/desktop) version to be shown. Otherwise you can click on any other item. You can click on "Participants" where you will find the list of all users and then, find who needs grading and grade it there.

Is that information helping you?

Cheers!

Pau

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Zhivko Z -

Hi Pau,

I can't see an option to grade after clicking on "Participants".

When I click on a participant (first picture) - no grading option. If I click on either "submitted for grading" or "not graded" - I get sent to the screen on the 2nd picture.

On that screen - I can only see grades by clicking on "view grades". The grade report won't give me option to grade. And if I click on the assignment, which I want to grade - I'm taken back to the screen from the first picture yesterday.

Please share some magic trick or setting for this to work!

Thanks

Attachment Mobile grading 2.jpg
Attachment Mobile grading 3.jpg
In reply to Zhivko Z

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -

Hi again,

In the screenshot you will see where is located the Grading button. I can see you don't have this button. This can be because the grading method selected when configuring the activity is not "simple". I can check it for you but I'll need some credentials.

Can you send us by mail (to ensure privacy) a URL, user and password to mobile@moodle.com to find where it fails? Please refer to that forum post.

Cheers,

Pau

Attachment screenshot-localhost 8100 2017-02-06 08-56-25.png

by Marga Inaraja -

Hello,

We have the same problem. 

If you find the reason you will share it in the forum?

Thank you

In reply to Marga Inaraja

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

are you using the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin (local_mobile)? If that's the case, please upgrade it, if you are not using it and you have Moodle 3.2 please let us know

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zhivko Z -

Hello Juan,

Would you please elaborate on this? What do you mean by "using the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin (local_mobile)?"

1. I just downloaded the App a couple of weeks ago and it is Moodle Mobile App version 3.2.0, Version code: 2016.

2. My desktop Moodle version is 3.1.2.
3. I'm using Simple Direct Grading on the assignment in question. This is how it's set up on the desktop version

Thanks

In reply to Zhivko Z

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Juan is referring to this

https://moodle.org/plugins/local_mobile

Which is installed within the Moodle on the server.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Zhivko Z -

No, I'm not using the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.

Again - my Moodle Mobile is 3.2. My desktop Moodle is 3.1.2

I noticed that only my REST protocol is enabled (picture). Do I need to enable the other two?

Also, should I go to Web Services- External Services -  Add - mod/assign:grade: Grade assignment?

Attachment mobile grade assignment.PNG
Attachment mobile protocols.PNG
In reply to Juan Leyva

by David Morrow -

Greetings!

My question is the same as Zhivko's, as far as I can tell.

I do have the Moodle Mobile Additional Features local plugin installed and enabled - v3.1.320

We are on Moodle v 3.1.1+ (this may be my problem)

Logged into the app as a teacher in a course, in an Assignment with File Submission and Simple, Direct Grading enabled, this is my view when clicking Participants and selecting a student who has submitted a file:

There is every likelihood that I am just doing something wrong, but I think I have everything set up correctly. The "Check plugin configuration" page shows this:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

David

In reply to David Morrow

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

assignment grading requires Moodle 3.2. We couldn't backport the changes to local_mobile (Moodle Mobile additional features plugin) so right now the only way to grade users is upgrading to 3.2

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by David Morrow -

Juan,

Thanks for the rapid and helpful response. Glad to hear that an upgrade will take care of things. We are planning to upgrade to 3.3 in a few months - over our summer break.

And great work on the app in general!

Thanks,

David

by Zhivko Z -

Hi Pau,

Thanks for offering that. I don't mind doing it but I am using Simple Direct Grading method for the assignment in question.

I can see the Grade button above only for students who were already graded. In that case, clicking on the "Grade" button displays the current grade (no option to grade)