Export feedback analysis graphs

Re: Export feedback analysis graphs

by Cam Howard -
Number of replies: 1

Thanks, Marina! This continues to be an issue in Moodle 3.4.

The CSS workaround you provided is very helpful in reducing the size of the charts.

However, the text in the charts is displayed as an image and thus loses the ability to wrap or be resized or recolored for easier reading. If the question is long, only the last 49 characters of the question display.

I can use the "Show chart data" option to view the full question, but then the person reading the report has to look one place for the visual representation of the results and a different place for the full question.

Is there any way to return to the old display where the question and bar chart of responses were side-by-side and could be easily styled with custom CSS? Comparison examples below.

Attachment FeedbackBarChartComprison.png
In reply to Cam Howard

Re: Export feedback analysis graphs

by Christoph Ruda -

I agree! Thanks Marina from me too for the workaround but for our purposes the old format was simply better. I'm not saying that lightly because I don't like change. Like others I like to include a screenshot when sending feedback results to management. It's quick and easy and survives the yearly resetting of the feedback activities.

Now this is a much more laborious job. Apart from the size and text display issues having to click 'show chart data' for each question makes the job uncessesarily long-winded. Perhaps a 'show / hide all chart data' button would help with that?

Cam, your screenshot illustrates that the old display is to the point and functional (displaying the data under each bar) while the new display is flashy but not as functional:

• The label 'Responses' is actually clickable and hides the responses, leaving an empty grid. It's not easily discoverable and above all, what's the point of this functionalty?
  • The data display by hovering with the mouse pointer over the bars is equally not easily discoverable. That's a user interface design no-no.

I could imagine that the new display was designed with online viewing of the analysis in mind but (as other posters have testified) that's not neccesarily what happens and so this represents a regression for a number of users. Along with the necessity to explain to users that the data can be seen by mousing over (something that was present in the old design) I would also like to be able to switch back to the previous version.