Multiple submissions greyed out

Multiple submissions greyed out

by Martin Greenaway -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I have seen a number of questions on this but they relate to old versions and/or don't describe the behaviour I'm seeing, so I'm asking a new question here.

I have a feedback activity which is conditionally revealled on the completion of a course.  This feedback activity was previously "anonymous" but has now been set to record user names.  Our tutor users would now like to allow multiple submissions. (Aside: I'm aware that the multiple submissions function works differently for anonymous and recorded user name settings - they want the user to be able to see their previous feedback and amend it if required. e.g. if they encounter something that wasn't covered in the course, etc.

However the option for this is greyed out.  Was this a "one shot deal" - i.e. could only be selected before the first person took the feedback activity, and now cannot be changed?

Screenshot of activity settings showing greyed out option

Moodle version: Moodle 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180720)

Feedback version: 2018051400

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Greenaway

Re: Multiple submissions greyed out

by Chad Bergeron -
Many times in activities changing settings after the first submission has been made either isn't possible or leads to unexpected behavior.
In reply to Chad Bergeron

by Martin Greenaway -

Understood - just wanting to see if there's a definitive answer on the behaviour, as there's nothing in the documentation on this.

In reply to Martin Greenaway

by Martin Greenaway -

I think I will assume that the described behaviour is "as designed".  I don't think "lack of contradiction on the forums" quite reaches the standards of proof for me to wade in and update documentation, but it will serve as an answer to my original question.