Students not required to complete quiz - grading

Students not required to complete quiz - grading

by Corrie Emery -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Guys,

We currently are starting a new course this year and are going to include the use of a number of quizzes. the problem we have encountered is that some of our students may not need to answer some questions, or some quizzes altogether.

Is there a way to mark them complete without them having to do the quiz? 

we are using Moodle V2.9.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Corrie Emery

Re: Students not required to complete quiz - grading

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Your title refers to grading and your post refers to completion - are you talking about completion settings or the gradebook?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Corrie Emery -

ok well the issue we have is that we train as competency based. we have not upgraded to 3.1 yet.

we ahve some students who have credit transfer for part of a unit that make up their qualification.

our moodle is set to a course per unit.

to to complete the unit, technically they need to complete the quiz, but as they have credit transfer they are unrequired to complete say 6 of the 8 questions, or the entire quiz altogether.

do i need to go in and give them a mark for each question they dont need to complete. or is there a way to demonstrate rpl for a question of quiz?

In reply to Corrie Emery

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would be tempted to set up groups in the course and then use restrictions to assign each version of the quiz to the appropriate group.  Then, those that have credit and only need to complete 2 questions, for example, would be assigned to the group that gets the quiz with only two questions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Corrie Emery -
we actually are using groups, we have many intake (15) for the same course over the year, so that could work i could create an RPL group and add them to that.

on second thoughts...
so to be clear, have two quizzes, one for those that need to do every thing, and one for the students who have credit transfer for some parts? the problem here is that there can be a number of variables, depending on the credit transfer they may have, this could mean having several versions of the same quiz.. and many versions of the same group?

what about the grade book? will that be effected,
In reply to Corrie Emery

by Corrie Emery -

actually, there has been a change of plans, and it was decided (without telling me) they the students will be doing the questions again, (FFS)

thanks for your help...