Push notification does not work in moodle 3.1

Push notification does not work in moodle 3.1

by suman bogati -
Number of replies: 6
Hi Everyone,

I am using the latest Moodle app. The push notification works fine in Moodle 3.0  but it does not work in Moodle 3.1.

I have configured the following options for both moodle except Airnotifier access key.

Can you please give some guidance on this ?
Thank You
Average of ratings: -
In reply to suman bogati

Re: Push notification does not work in moodle 3.1

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

it should work, can you review this? https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Mobile_app_notifications

And double check that the user has configured to receive Mobile notificaitons?

Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by suman bogati -

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for the response,  after installed the local_mobile plugin, the push notification works on moodle's original app with moodle 3.1.

However, I have created the customize moodle app,  set up the own airnotifier server and configured all server/app settings on moodle site, like Airnotfier url, port, app name etc.

And, I also enabled the message notification from "user profile" and "Manage message outputs" page.

But with this customized app the push notification is not working. When I see the message preference from user profile it shows below message.

When I do print_r($resp); at create_token function in message/output/airnotifier/classes/manager.php, which shows

{"status": "token exists"}

Why push notification is not working ? Can you please give some guidance on this?

Thank you for your effort.

In reply to suman bogati

by Douglas Rosa -

Hey suman,

You have a private AirNotifier server, right? I had a similar problem a few days ago.

Inside the Airnotifier, in the logs session, is there anything? Or is there nothing there?

My problem was with the SSL certificate. When I tried to send any notification (even the broadcast), nothing came. So I opened the AirNotifier error log and it showed me an error at this point: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE.

I found the solution to my problem by uninstalling the certificates I had on the server and installing a specific version through the command:

pip uninstall -y certifi && pip install certifi == 2015.04.28

After that, Moodle notifications and even AirNotifier broadcast notifications started to arrive at my custom Moodle app.

I do not know if it's the same problem as yours, but it's worth checking.

In reply to Douglas Rosa

by suman bogati -

Hi Dougias,

Thank you for the response, Yes it's private AirNotifier server. When I go to AirNotifer log through the browser,  following log would be display.

Blur part on image is just because of privacy concern.

As you can see on image, I am not getting any error on log which is shown by browser.

When you said "I opened AirNotifier error log",  Is this log supposed to open from browser or some where else ?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

In reply to suman bogati

by Douglas Rosa -

Hey suman,

Hmmm... It seems that your situation is different from the one I faced.

In my case, nothing appeared in this log session, inside the AirNotifier.

The error log is in the AirNotifier installation folder, the filename is airnotifier.err.

One thing that took a while for me to understand, is that when the app is open on the mobile device, no notification arrives at all. They only arrive when the application is closed. That would not be the case, right?

Did you even  tested sending notifications through another app? Using the data that you provided at AirNotifier

I used this site for testing: http://www.pushwatch.com/gcm/

Simply enter your Google Project API Key (FCM or GCM), test device Token (which is on the Airnotifier token tab), and a message.

Another error I found was "Missmatch ID" because I was using the wrong API Key, I discovered through that site ...

In reply to Douglas Rosa

by suman bogati -

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the response, Here I have done to fix the problem.

First of all I have updated the moodle app version from moodle app 3.1 to moodle app 3.2.

Then I have installed the local_mobile plugin in my moodle site then I have mentioned the  SENDER_ID in config.xml,  And finally I have built the app with valid certificate from build.phonegap.com.

Thanks for your support.