Problem Text under Banner

Problem Text under Banner

by Stephen Wilkinson -
Number of replies: 3

I've recently updated our Moodle Site to v.1.5.2+ together with the latest version of the quiz and books modules.

SInce the update we have had floating text under the main banner on almost every page. The text reads:

Main directory'; $string['fileordir'] = 'File or directory'; ?>

The text does not appear on pages without bocks (i.e. Course Categories, New account pages etc.).

If you view source for the main page the HTML reads as other Moodle sites until you get to:

<table id="layout-table">
  <tr>
  Main directory';
$string['fileordir'] = 'File or directory';

?>

The HTML then continues with <td ... as it should be.

Any ideas where this text is coming from? We thought it would be a corruption in one of the PHP files in /lib or /course and so have uploaded these again, but to no avail.

Suggestions would be most gratefully received!

(The site is at www.tascampus.org.uk if you should want to look.)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Wilkinson

Re: Problem Text under Banner

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Stephen,

The text that's appearing looks like it comes from the Book module language pack. Perhaps you could try replacing book.php in moodle/lang/en with the attached latest version.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Stephen Wilkinson -

Thankyou so much!

Problem now solved.

In reply to Stephen Wilkinson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your feedback. It's a pleasure to help, especially when I receive a thank you! smile