Adding Video into Forum but it does not show up in email

Adding Video into Forum but it does not show up in email

by Sarah Noah -
Number of replies: 2

I use the forum to send messages to professors (and they use it to send to students). 

When I hyperlink and/or embed YouTube videos they appear in the forum but not in the email. I assumed if I hyperlinked the videos, they would not embed, but have clickable links to my videos. Instead, the forum automatically embeds it. Is there a way to get it so I can just have a hyperlink to these YouTube videos (that will appear in the emails) so recipients can click right to the videos and don't have to click into the forum itself from the email? 

Please see attached screenshots for the issue. 

Attachment Email sent from forum post.png
Attachment Original Forum Post (in forum).png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Noah

Re: Adding Video into Forum but it does not show up in email

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

Does MDL-50291 cover the problem you describe? If so, please consider voting or commenting on the issue (you'll need to create a tracker account). You can also 'watch' the issue so that you receive email notifications of updates.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Adding Video into Forum but it does not show up in email

by Sarah Noah -

Thanks Helen! 

I voted on it and am watching it now. I was looking for something on this before I posted but was having trouble finding it. Thanks for the heads up!