Need side blocks to be collapsible.

Need side blocks to be collapsible.

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I made this post over in the Moodle 3.2 discussions, but I am making it here because it is really a Boost Theme issue.

In CLEAN and MORE, blocks provide a method to either "collapse" them or "Dock" them to the side.  It was mentioned in tracker that with Boost, the "docking" was not really needed because of Boost's newer approach.  I agree with this.

However, I still think that there is great need to be able to "collapse" blocks, as can be done with the little minus icon in MORE and CLEAN. Sure, maybe the "minus" icon can change to a "point" icon (as I see to the right on these forums, little green triangles.)  There are some blocks that can really grow in size, so I think it is important to give users the ability to collapse those blocks that they don't want to look at.  This functionality is provided in many other places, and needs to be included for blocks.

I am making this post to encourage people to vote on my Tracker item, Tracker (MDL-57305).  This tracker item has already started receiving votes (thank everyone) but I think the more votes the merrier. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)