Regarding question session error whilemoodle 1.9 to 2.2 upgradation

Regarding question session error whilemoodle 1.9 to 2.2 upgradation

by Nihar Das -
Number of replies: 11
while upgradation moodle 1.9 to 2.2 i got a lot of notices and coding error .below is the image

test

after completion of theese process  i am not able to get all the quiz review ,all quiz attemp.quiz review page is showing below error

yy

for every review attempt its showing same kind of error.my database size is 15GB with 80GB moodledata.can anybody tell how to overcome this issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nihar Das

Re: Regarding question session error whilemoodle 1.9 to 2.2 upgradation

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Wow, this is ancient history.

I would start by looking at those quizzes in your un-upgraded site, so see what it is that the upgrade has to start with.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nihar Das -
HI Tim,

Thanks for your reply.like this notices i saw so many.can you be available online so that i can show you....

Thanks

Nihar

In reply to Nihar Das

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  Did you upgrade to the latest version of 1.9 before starting the 2.2 upgrade?

2.  I would suggest backing up to before the upgrade, redownloading the code and trying again.  Maybe try going to 2.0 or 2.1 first.

3.  Make sure that any additional question types that you might have installed are copied to the 2.2 code.

4.  Last case, you might need to go into the database and, after backing up and checking your question bank for question usage, try deleting out the offending questions..(this is not easy solution and should not be taken lightly!!)

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nihar Das -

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply.below are the things i have which is going to be upgraded

moodle version--$release = '1.9.4+ (Build: 20090415)'; 

question type-

rr

for moodle 1.9 the stable version is Moodle 1.9.19+.so shall upgrade first to 1.9.19+??

As per your 4th point

4.  Last case, you might need to go into the database and, after backing up and checking your question bank for question usage, try deleting out the offending questions..(this is not easy solution and should not be taken lightly!!)

Comment@Nihar-how will i find such offending question??my database size is huge 15GB.Arround more than 10 lakhs question are there.

Please suggest....

Thanks

Nihar

In reply to Nihar Das

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, you have to upgrade to .19 first.  Please look at the upgrade instructions closely.  That hopefully will help.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nihar Das -

HI Emma,

Thanks for your suggestion.i will upgarde it to 1.9.19.

i saw in the upgradelib.php(/question/engine/upgrade/upgradelib.php)

public function supply_missing_question_attempt($quiz, $attempt, $question) {

if ($question->qtype == 'random') {

throw new coding_exception("Cannot supply a missing qsession for question

{$question->id} in attempt {$attempt->id}.");

}

if question type is random it will through the exception which i am getting most of the exception like this.

Thanks,

Nihar

In reply to Nihar Das

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You still have not followed the suggestion in my initial response.

Before the backup, what happened if you tried to review one of those quiz attempts that causes a problem during the upgrade?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nihar Das -
HI Tim,

Before the upgradation i checked that quiz review page which is working fine in unupgraded site

tt  uu

But after upgradation its having problem and also in quiz attempts very huge so for the upgradation its taking 2 days time.is there any other way is there through which i can do the upgradation for quiz only.

Also after upgradation question usage table is not getting populated correctly..context id was null for every row.

could you please suggest on this??

Thanks

Nihar

In reply to Nihar Das

by Tim Hunt -

You say that looks fine, but atually, there is no stored response for any question, and the mark is shown as 0/18. So, probably there is data missing from before the upgrade.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nihar Das -

Hi Tim,

I am also thinking there might be any data loss.one more query i have while upgrading to 2.2 i got one issue like "subquery return more than one row".After i got this upgradation stopped but i again started.then its started upgrading.but onece upgradation done there is issue in question usage table(null entry for context column in every row.)

So is this the reason "subquery return more than one row" for which the usage table not getting populated...??

tt

Thanks,

Nihar

In reply to Nihar Das

by Tim Hunt -

I am guessing, but if some items give an error because the question-session is missing, and other things give an error becuase there are two matching things, when there should only be one, then perhaps there is a logical explanation.

It seems that the some of the links between other things, and the question session are not correct. (I would further guess that was caused by a historic backup/restore bug.)

Anyway, if you can live without the attempt data for those particular quizzes and attempts, it is probably the case that everything else is OK.