Accessing moodle from internet using dydns.org

Accessing moodle from internet using dydns.org

by rafe muhammed -
Number of replies: 4

Dear Support,

I'm trying to enable access from internet to moodle which is installed locally in my server. I have dyndns acccount. Could you please help me to set it up?  I have enabled port forwarding in my router but still the moodle is not loading.  

I did the following. 

in moodle config, I changed wwwroot-> xxx_mooodle.dyndns.biz:8089 and enabled Apache to listen 8089 port. 

Could you please let me know what is wrong in the above or guide me how to set it up?

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to rafe muhammed

Re: Accessing moodle from internet using dydns.org

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Rafe,

try accessing from other internet connection, as likely your router doesnt support loop back (95%+ cases)

In reply to Usman Asar

by rafe muhammed -

Dear Usman Asar,

Thanks for the prompt reply

I have tried to access from outside network but still is not working. See below my configuration

Configuration in config file for moodle

$CFG->http://nbizlms.dyndns.biz:8089

I have enabled this 8089 port in my router to forward to my local server. The above url is resolving to my public IP and hitting my ISP router correctly. I tried to telnet it, but unfortunately it was not working. 

My question is can we give above url in Moodle config to access it from outside or is this problem related to port forwarding in my router?

Kindly help on this

Thanks

rafe

In reply to rafe muhammed

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Rafe, have you set your WebServer to accept port 8089? in addition to opening ports into your firewall?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Usman Asar

by rafe muhammed -

Dear Usman,

Thanks for the reply. I have enabled the port forwarding and enable port listening and now it is working fine

Thanks alot for the help