Custom student grading and reports

Custom student grading and reports

by Danu Nah -
Number of replies: 5

I am looking for Moodle functionality to allow custom student grading and reports.

Problem

Teachers assess students (children) in the classroom, enter this assessment into Moodle and send it to parents. This assessment is not directly related to any Moodle course activities. I include the paper form scan below. 

The question is whether Moodle provides any built-in functionality to make this possible. If that is not the case, I would appreciate any ideas on how to best implement it.

Thank you!

In reply to Danu Nah

Re: Custom student grading and reports

by Danu Nah -

I have mostly solved the task by using scales and outcomes.

In reply to Danu Nah

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just create an assignment but uncheck all the submission options.  Then you will have full grading functionality.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Danu Nah -

Thank you for the reply, Emma,

do you know of any way to make this assignment sticky and available by default in all new courses?

It would be overwhelming  for teachers to create these activities for every course.

In reply to Danu Nah

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Once one is created, each teacher can just duplicate them on their course page as required.  Or if you install the Sharing Cart plugin, they can add it to Sharing Cart and then from there, either duplicate it in the course or add it to another course.

Once a course is set up, if they have multiple courses, the course can just be duplicated.  Set up originally might take a little time but it only needs done once...  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Danu Nah -

Thank you for the suggestions, Emma. Will try to figure this out.