Docs : being able to see changes older than 60 days

Docs : being able to see changes older than 60 days

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

It seems that, in Moodle documentation, you can not see changes older than 60 days.

It's sometimes usefull when you remember having seen an interesting change, but don't remember on which page exactly, nor when.

For exemple, if you try latest french changes in latest 1000 days (and 1000 changes), you'll only see latest 60 day changes.

I had such a request some years ago, reported in this discussion, and in MDLSITE-969.

Séverin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Docs : being able to see changes older than 60 days

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I can see changes from August 14th if I set my Préférences to 90 days (which I think is the maximum) What are yours set to?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Séverin,

I can confirm Mary's observeration. Regardless how much I tamper with the URL parameters I can only get back to August, 14.

There is some MediaWiki setting that limits the length that recent changes history should be retained (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRCMaxAge). I suppose that's the culprit.

Of course you can always search for a specific page. Each page keeps its complete history from day one; example https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/index.php?title=XML_FAQ&action=history

hth
Frank
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late answer, and thanks for your message with detailed information. I also suppose it's the case.

I know the history for one page, but as i said previously, my problem was that i wanted to find a specific change on a page, without remembering wich one... I suppose i'm (nearly) the only one to do such unusual / strange things...

Séverin