Inconsistent decimal places

Inconsistent decimal places

by Karin Brown -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all

Has anyone else noticed this:
We set the workshop decimal place settings to '0' however when students viewed their results, they had two decimal places in their result. In other words, the teacher saw that students had received a 3 out of 3. Students saw they had received 2.62 out of 3.

So the setting of '0' for decimal places, seems not to be applied consistently in the activity.

Did I explain it so it makes sense?

Thanks,
Karin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karin Brown

Re: Inconsistent decimal places

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Students saw they had received 2.62 out of 3.

I assume they did see that at the workshop main screen once the activity has been closed (those two big boxes with final grades).

If I remember correctly the decimal places configured in the workshop settings form, affects decimals displayed on the workshop reports during the assessment and evaluation phases. Once the workshop is closed, the grades are pushed into the course gradebook and the stored value is then being displayed. The particular workshop grade items in the gradebook have their own decimal places setting, and that one is respected in the closed phase.

In other words, as long as the workshop is in assessment or evaluation phase, all the individual submission and peer-assessment grades are stored in a "temporary workshop gradebook" for that particular activity only. Once the workshop is closed, the aggregated final grades are written into the official course gradebook. These two gradebooks are two separate systems, each with its own settings for decimal places.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Inconsistent decimal places

by Karin Brown -

Thanks David

That was very helpful.

All the best,

Karin