Server Environment shows unsupported_db_table_row_format

Server Environment shows unsupported_db_table_row_format

by Jeff Shrek -
Number of replies: 6

When I go to Server then Environment it shows:

unsupported_db_table_row_format
CHECK
Your database has tables using Antelope as the file format. You are recommended to convert the tables to the Barracuda file format. See the documentation Administration via command line for details of a tool for converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda.

However when I check my database with show variables like "%innodb_file%"; it says both innodb_file_format and innodb_file_format_max are set to Barracuda.

I just upgraded to v3.1.2 even with this issue showing and upgrade was succesful.

Anything else I should check to clear this issue?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Shrek

Re: Server Environment shows unsupported_db_table_row_format

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Jeff, this is though not an issue, but a recommendation only. and you actually have to convert the tables into Barracuda. I have a small tutorial on conversion HERE, you can use same commands on Linux as well.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Jeff Shrek -

I am on shared server and do not have cli/shell access.

Can I run any MySQL commands from PhpMyAdmin to see if tables are already compressed or not?

Thanks

In reply to Jeff Shrek

by Jeff Shrek -

Never mind, it did work for me!

All of the tables except two were already compressed and -f command compressed the other two and warning is now gone from Server > Environment page.

Thanks

In reply to Jeff Shrek

by I Nyoman Suardana -

Hi Jeff,

i have same error and situation (shared hosting).

could you please explain your solution?

Best,

./Nyoman

In reply to I Nyoman Suardana

by Bret Miller -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You can do this manually through phpMyAdmin. To see the format of tables in your database, run this against INFORMATION_SCHEMA

SELECT * FROM tables where table_schema='databasename' and row_format<>'compressed'

Then for tables that are not in the Compressed row format, run this:

ALTER TABLE tablename ROW_FORMAT=Compressed

It's time consuming to do this manually, but it is possible. Not all tables need it. And you could take the time to create a loop in SQL code to do it all in one step...