Topic Description

Topic Description

by John Pap -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I can't find the option to display or not a topic's description.

I click on edit (edit section, edit topic, edit settings) but no luck.

It's not a big deal but before a couple of days I saw this option, so I know it's somewhere smile

Thanks. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Pap

Re: Topic Description

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you sure you are not thinking of the box available within activities, to show or not show the activity description?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by John Pap -

Thank you Mary,

below my course title I have my Topics, 1 through 10, and every Topic comes with description as default.

This is what I'm trying to disable or enable as desired, not the activities description (which I have find where it is).

In reply to John Pap

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Could you post a screenshot of what you see in your course please? I think if you have a description (do you mean 'Summary'?) in your topic section then the only way not to show it is to delete the description/summary.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by John Pap -

Hi, please check my image : I'd like to add, let's say, for Topic 1 (below Topic 1 exactly) 3-4 words as a description.

In reply to John Pap

by Mary Cooch -

So if you click the the Edit link on the right of a topic, eg Topic 1 and then you click Edit topic, you can put your three /four words in the summary of that topic and they will display. If you don't add anything in a topic where you don't want anything displayed, then obviously nothing will show. I'm sorry if I have misunderstood youblush

In reply to Mary Cooch

by John Pap -

Ooooh ! Such a beginner am I ? smile

I'm looking for a description field but summary is my friend !

Sorry for my temporary knowledge  in Moodle smile

And a big THANKS for your time !